Ballinamore Day 2
Today we made the magnet rotor molds and jig and the mold for the stator. We also got the magnet rotors drilled out a two of the blade are finished on one side and marked up for the next stage one of the blades has some nasty knots and is slower to carve.
Cutting out the magnet rotor jig
Drilling the magnet rotors
Making the magnet rotor molds
Marking the back of the blades
This week we are making a 3.1 metre 24v wind turbine using Austrian larch for the blades.
Stuart cuts out the a blade blank
Continue reading “Ballinamore Day1”
Again nice sunshine and a gentle breeze we got a peak output of 500w and an average of 100w over 3 hours.
The crew Left to Right
Niall, James, Josie, Trevor, Greer, Joe, Andy, Jimmy (hidden), Graham, Brendan, John, Trevor, Robert, Patrick, Colin, Paddy, Colm, Enda
Inset Mary and Paddy who had to leave early and missed seeing the turbine up in the air
Where people came from
The blades are carefully carried to the site
Joe securing the wire coming through the mast to ensure that it does not disappear
The blades are now in place and the tail is on
There she goes, on the way up
Wow, it looks good!
Andy and Margaret admiring the turbine which will be going to their site
The finished product, a weeks work for the crew on Crann Og Workshop 09
Almost finished photos tell the story 🙂
A manifestation of his noodlenes click here for more info