The March wind turbine building workshop started today in Ballinamore, we are making a 1800mm 24v machine.
We started the day working on the blades, they are made up from six lenghts of 2×1″ white deal to give us the width we need.
Rather than buying glue we mixed up some of the vinyl-ester, this is the first time I have used it to laminate blades and it will be interesting to see how it works over time. This little turbine is going to be installed at our place so I can keep an eye on it.
Putting on the Glue
It’s important not to tighten the clamps too much or you will squeez out the glue
Finished they should be set by the morning
The magnet rotor mould and jig